Do you know what psychiatric drugs can do to you? Because you may not be aware of some of the side effects of your treatment the Mental Patients Union has produced a list of the most commonly used drugs and their side-effects.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that they are the symptoms of your illness, they are the symptoms of their treatment.
- Modecate (fluphenazine): depression, sometimes suicide, tremor of hands.
- Largactil (chlorpromazine): jaundice, extreme drowsiness, dizziness, constipation, mouth dryness, low blood pressure, when standing rapid pulse, skin pallor, blurring of vision, skin rash, nose stuffiness, weight gain, sunburn, lactation, absence of menstruation, restlessness.
- Stelazine (Trifluoperazine): tremor of hands, spasm of neck muscles, rigidity in back muscles, drowsiness, sweating, nasal congestion, spasms in hands or feet, eye movements, contraction of jaw muscles, difficulty in swallowing, blurring of vision.
- Librium (Chlordiazepoxide): unsteadiness of movement, drowsiness, nausea, constipation.
- Aventyl (Nortriptyline): constipation, dizziness, restlessness, confusion.
- Tryptizol (Amitriptyline): drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, excitement, tremor, headache, hypertension, sweating, loss of appetite, skin rash, heartburn, numbness of limbs, reduced concentration, dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, activates schizophrenia.
- Sparine (Promazine): low blood pressure when standing, tremor of hands.
- Majeptil (Thioproperazine): protrusion of tongue, movement of eyeballs, arching of back, shallow rapid breathing, excessive seating, excessive salivation, rapid heart beat, agitation, anxiety, rigidity of muscles.
- Fentazin (Perphenazine): tremor of hands, jaundice, hypertension.
- Dartalan (Thiopropazate): muscular rigidity, restlessness, tremor of hands.
- Serenace (Haloperidol): restlessness, drowsiness, sleeplessness, increased salivation and sweating, skin pallor, muscular spasms, difficulty in swallowing, stuttering, skin rash.
- Taractan (Chlorprothixene): dry mouth, drowsiness, vertigo rapid pulse, hypotension.
- Thioridazine (Mellaril or Melleril): dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, faintness, nasal stuffiness, tremor of hands, impairment of sexuality, lactation, absence of menstruation, disturbance of vision.
- Serpasil (Reserpine): hypotension, nightmares, visual disturbances, nasal congestion.
- Tofranil (Imipramine): dry mouth, visual disturbances, sweating, skin rash, tremor, rapid pulse rate, excitement.
- Nardil (Phenelzine): nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, headache, unsteadiness, constipation, jaundice.
- Marplan (Isocarboxazid): hypotension, dizziness, vertigo, constipation, over-activity, insomnia, dry mouth, blurred vision, skin rash.
- Parnate (Tranylcypromine): insomnia, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, dry mouth.
- Drazine(Hydroxyzine): headache, giddiness, hypotension, impotence, liver disorders.
- Equanil (Meprobamate): drowsiness.
Well, there you go friends, so watch out!